Please contact the church office if you would like a printed copy of the Newcomb News mailed to your residence. An abbreviated e-newsletter is also available for download below. To receive the full e-Newsletter use our Contact page to send your e-mail address.
Download the most recent newsletter PDF by clicking here: Newcomb News
FREE QCA HUMAN TRAFFICKING CONFERENCE
Location: CASI, Davenport
January 11, 2015, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Is modern-day slavery.
- After drug-dealing it is the largest criminal industry in the world.
- Claims 20.9 million victims at any one time worldwide.
- Involves 1.2 to 2.0 million children each year.
- Is a $39 billion industry.
- Causes $20 billion annually in lost income by victims in forced labor.
Do You Know:
- How to identify and assist victims?
- That trafficking includes forced labor, bonded labor, involuntary domestic servitude, forced child labor, child soldiers, sex trafficking, and commercial sexual exploitation of children?
- The Quad City area is a prime location for trafficking?
- What you can do to STOP human trafficking?
Honorary speakers: Mark Koenig, Director of Presbyterian Ministry at The United Nations, Carol Smolenski, Executive Director, ECPAT-USA, Jane Hoffman, Braking Traffik, Quad Cities
*Registration appreciated: 563-391-7308
Download more information here.
CHURCH OFFICE CLOSED ON MONDAYS
The church office will be closed every Monday. Office hours will be 10 a.m.—2 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
Pastor Oak will be setting aside Wednesday and Thursday mornings, 9 a.m. until noon, for office hours. Please feel free to contact him at the church during those hours.
Should you have pastoral concerns or needs, you are welcome to contact him at his cell phone number. Please contact the church office for that number.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Are you a member of Facebook? If so, visit www.facebook.com/Newcomb.Church and "Like" the page to receive reminders of upcoming church events, inspirational Bible verses, recent mission projects, and more.
SUNDAY MORNING PRAYERS
Each Sunday morning at 9 a.m. a group meets in the lounge for fifteen minutes to pray. Prayers may be silent or spoken. Our church, its members and friends, our nation and the world are included in the prayer focus.
Everyone is invited and encouraged to participate in this weekly time of prayer.